Boozy Apple Cider Recipe
Got any plans this weekend? Well, now you do! - If you're up for booze with friends and family, then this quick and easy boozy apple cider recipe will surely give you the autumn thrills you seek!
The apple cups are absolutely adorable (even if they're a little annoying to make) and there's booze- it's glorious!
Best Boozy Apple Cider via Delish's Website
What Is the Best Spirit For Your Boozy Cider?
Whether you prefer whiskey, rum, or bourbon, there's a variety of perfect fall flavored spirits for this recipe! My personal preference for this recipe: Longbranch Bourbon or Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum.
Longbranch Bourbon is a unique spirit that brings together the best of bourbon and apple cider! It is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy, with notes of vanilla, caramel, and cinnamon. It finishes with a smooth and slightly sweet oak taste.
Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum has bold flavors of cloves and cinnamon spice finished with vanilla and oak, overall is light on sweetness. At times there are hints of toffee and caramel, which are perfect with hot apple cider!
- 1 gal. of apple cider
- 1 1/2 cup of Longbranch Bourbon or Sailor Jerry Spiced Rum
- 1/2 cup caramel
- 3 cinnamon sticks, plus more for garnish
- 8 apples
- lemon juice, for brushing
* In a crock pot, combine apple cider, whiskey, cinnamon sticks, and caramel. Cook on low until warmed through, about 2 to 3 hours
* Make apple cups: Slice off the top of each apple. Use an apple corer to remove the inside of the apple until you're about 1/2" from the bottom of the apple. Squeeze the lemon juice inside the apple cups to prevent apples from browning.
* Ladle hot cider into apple cups. Garnish with cinnamon sticks, and serve immediately!