No-Churn Vanilla Ice Cream Recipe
This easy and delicious no-churn ice cream recipe requires only a few ingredients and doesn't require an ice cream maker. With the rich and creamy base of sweetened condensed milk, you can customize this recipe with your favorite mix-ins and flavors. Enjoy homemade ice cream in no time!
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Your choice of mix-ins (chocolate chips, fruit, nuts, cookie crumbles, etc.)
1. Clean and dry bowl and beaters, then chill them in the refrigerator for about 15 minutes before using. This helps whip the cream more effectively.
2. Using a hand mixer or stand mixer, whip the cold heavy cream in the chilled mixing bowl on medium-high speed until stiff peaks form.
3. Gently fold in the vanilla extract and a pinch of salt into the whipped cream.
4. Gradually pour the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream. Using a spatula, carefully fold the sweetened condensed milk into the whipped cream until fully combined. Be gentle to preserve the airiness.
5. If desired, add your chosen mix-ins to the ice cream base. Fold them in gently until evenly distributed.
6. Prepare a lidded freezer-safe container for the ice cream. A loaf pan or shallow dish works well. Carefully pour the ice cream mixture into the container. Use a spatula to smooth the top of the ice cream in the container.
7. Cover the container with plastic wrap or the lid, ensuring it's airtight. Place the container in the freezer for at least 6 hours, or until the ice cream is firm.
8. Once the ice cream is fully frozen, scoop and serve it in bowls or cones. If you have any leftovers, store the ice cream in an airtight container in the freezer. For best texture and flavor, consume in one to two weeks.